Idea for a Headphone/TPA3118 pedal for UA Dream 65

ThePanda

I have an idea for combining the headphone pedalpcb board with a TPA3118 (or two).

I use a Dream 65 which can use headphones with a y-splitter for stereo but I can't hook it up to my speaker cab (non powered).

Currently, thinking of creating a headphone amp that splits the signal to a power amp (TPA3118) so you have the option to use either the headphones or straight to cab or both.

The dream 65 probably has instrument level out, so will need a boost prior to the TPA3118 boards. I don't see a schematic for the headphone amp, so not sure what driver it's using or the gain structure or if it adds any noise, so not sure it's suitable for driving the TPA3118. Have you tried it yet?

The dream 65 probably has instrument level out, so will need a boost prior to the TPA3118 boards. I don't see a schematic for the headphone amp, so not sure what driver it's using or the gain structure or if it adds any noise, so not sure it's suitable for driving the TPA3118. Have you tried it yet?
The headphone amp uses two lm386’s and 2 tl072’s

One for each side if you will.

The headphone amp uses two lm386’s and 2 tl072’s

One for each side if you will.
Cool. You can probably leave out the 386's. If you have the schematic (there's no build document on it's page) I can have a look to see how to simplify it for use with a pair of TPA3118 boards.

Back