Iso Transformer A/B Switcher

JBarlow12

Hello all! I am new here, so feel free to let me know if this is not allowed, or needs to go somewhere else. As well, I am inexperienced with electronics, but trying to learn as I go.

I would like to build an A/B switcher with one side that has an isolation transformer. I have the components to build this, but want to add a foot switch to make it switchable:

https://moodysounds.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/lehle-psplit-kit2-engc.pdf

I am looking to combine it with something like this:

1704515979644.png

My dumb newbie questions are:

1> Do I need to route the yellow wire (ring) in the Moody diagram through a foot switch? This is switching a mono instrument signal, and I do not understand why this is necessary (not saying there isn't a good reason; I just do not know.). Would the reason for wiring it through the switch to send the ring signal to ground?

2> Can I use a 3PDT switch by wiring the "tip" signal as in the Beavis Audio layout, or does the ring signal need to be routed as well? I would assume that would require a 4PDT switch?

3> What else am I missing?

I understand that this is probably very simple for most of you, and appreciate everyone's assistance and knowledge. If these questions have already been answered elsewhere (I have been searching for a while), please feel free to point me in that direction.

Thanks all!

Back