Jfet sub and specs for life/parentheses/ache?

jwin615

Building a EL Ache(modded life).
I don't have any PF5102s but have a dozen other jfets on hand. J201, J11x, 5457s...
Can anyone advise on a good sub for the 2 5102s in the parentheses and what idss and vgsoff to shoot for? I always struggle with swapping jfets via data sheet due to the spread of specs. it looks as they're being used as buffers more so that gain stages so I'm guessing indont need a high ratio.
I have a DCA75.

Also, is the PF5102 just a tighter spec J111? The on semi datasheet for the 5102 states this in the description:
See J111 for characteristics

Musikding supplied me with 2N5457 for the Parentheses kit. On his site, the page for the unavailable PF5102 says: "Since the PF5102 are no longer manufactured, and unfortunately there are also many fakes in circulation, the FET will probably no longer be available in the future. However, the 2N5457 can be used as a replacement type in most cases:" on his site."

Mine works. No idea if there's an actual difference to be heard between the two? Never measured them by the way... (no tool for that yet; found this https://synthcube.com/cart/ian-fritz-fonik-transistor-match-pcb) so can't help you out in that respect.

Last edited:
Back