Lot Lizard Cap Question

europort

Hello All,

I finished building the Lot Lizard fuzz but I feel that it's very thin and lacking. One thing I did was leave out C3 (47pf) during the build because in the build sheet it stated it was omitted in the nano version. Should I go back and add it to the board?

Maybe the pedal is supposed to sound this way and I'm just spoiled by the sweet sound of the cobalt drive pedal?

This was my second PCB build and I'm definitely hooked 😀. I've been lurking the forums here trying to learn what I can from all of you. What a great community!

Thanks,
Brandon

You should add it before making any tweaks. That small cap shaves off some the high frequencies and “tames” the sizzle a bit. Not unlike a smallish cap in the negative feedback loop of most overdrives. :)

Sounds a TON better with that cap! Thanks so much for your help!

Here's a pic of my cobalt drive build (blue dirt), next to the lot lizard (octave drive). Pardon the crappy decal work hahaha.

Now, to decide on the next build....

Attachments

• 20230507_150145.jpg
    20230507_150145.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Sounds a TON better with that cap! Thanks so much for your help!

Here's a pic of my cobalt drive build (blue dirt), next to the lot lizard (octave drive). Pardon the crappy decal work hahaha.

Now, to decide on the next build....
I’m glad it was an easy fix! The Lot Lizard is on my list of to-dos, but I need to do some hefty parts re-stocking first.

Back