Mofeta - cascading channels?

fontoponto

Would it be a good idea to cascade the two channels instead of having them in parallel or am I missing some important point not to do it?

I'm not aware you could without modifications.
Wasn't that the idea with the 5 jacks? To have the possibility to go parallel ("Both in") or to go series: either brite --> normal or normal --> brite?
And I don't see the mofeta offering those 3 options.

But maybe I'm not getting the point ... carry on.

Yes that‘s what the original does but what if I take the „output“ of bright and connect it to the normal input?

I will :-) I just did not want to scratch traces on my perfectly fine finished Mofeta. I have to wait for the parts to arrive.

It should work with some adjustments, the m800 and fornicus schematics should provide some inspiration!
I don't see how they would help to modify the circuit to do so at all I'm afraid.

Making the two input stages switchable from parallel to series will require some more complex switching.

If you want an easy solution to add more gain, just add a JFET booster, SHO or even LPB-1 to the front end and you'll still be able to shape the tone by mixing the 2 gain stages.

Sounds good!
I used a DPDT toggle switch but it can be done otherwise for sure
Code:
serial <--> parallel
S3 <- S1 -> S2
S5 <- S4 -> S3
      S5 -> S6

View attachment 78012
No quirks or anything? I'm about to bring this board together with the outboard stuff,so, happy to see the routing explained! My mind doesn't wrap itself easily around things like this

Maybe it could be done better but switching is sometimes mind boggling to me. The only difference is the volume. I run the bright channel into the normal channel.
But please: don’t judge me if you cut traces and it doesn’t please you in the end!

Back