Muzzle Questions

fractal33

So firstly I love the Muzzle, it works great! The only issue I'm having is a high-pitched squeal when running high output pedals on extreme settings into the input.

My first question is, how should the grounding go for the Key and Passthrough jacks? I noticed on this version of the board there is a ground pad between the tip and switched tip pads, but I can't find anything in the build docs that references it. My instinct was to connect the grounds of the Key and Passthrough together and then run that into this pad. Was this correct?

Secondly, I did a test where I ran my guitar signal into a little buffered splitter box I put together which is basically a Split 'N Blend minus the blend. I connected one output of the buffered split to the Key input of the Muzzle, and the other to the rest of my signal chain, and the squeal went away. This isn't so much a question as much as some interesting information which leads me to believe the fault lies within the passthrough output mod of the Muzzle.

Let me reiterate the squeal is only present when running extremely hot signals into the Muzzle when using the passthrough, if I turn the levels down a bit it goes away.

Reactions: JCE
Back