Need some feedback on a design I'm working on

warmoverdrive

If this is in the wrong section of the forum or just inappropriate, def let me know so I can delete/move it.

This is my first time messing with JFET switching for reverb tails and routing of signals. The pedal is a basic implementation of the BTDR-3 reverb into a simple drive circuit based off the Tomahawk/Hatchet.

I'm worried that my mode selection won't work as intended. The idea here is to run the reverb into the drive, with a mode that runs both wet & dry signal into the drive OR just the wet with the dry mix post-drive. My solution right now is to use the FET switching to toggle between mixed signals at either end of the drive, with the FET driving sub-circuit toggling two FETs at once. I can't think of a caveman logic reason something like this shouldn't work on its face, but I'm also a complete novice to all of this and most examples I've been able to find have driving circuits for 1 FET gate.
I'm also worried that my semi-passive mixing solution won't work correctly and may bleed signal into and out of the dry signal path...

Overall, I'm not super confident in this design, but wanted some feedback from much smarter/more experienced people before I start sourcing parts to test it all.

Attachments

• male-gaze 0.5 schem.jpg
    male-gaze 0.5 schem.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 17
Back