New Chop Shop Layout Question

smatchsmoke

Question about the redesign of the Chop Shop circuit and new pot arrangement. I read on another thread that the pots in the new circuit are now arranged Volume / Drive on top, Sag on the bottom. I just finished my build, though, and it sure seems like it’s working Volume / Sag on top, Drive on the bottom.

That said, the drive is pretty subtle and the Sag just sort of chokes the gain a bit, so maybe something might be off? I’m new to this, so user error is very much a possibility, especially since I’m using the surface mount jfets that required soldering on the pins. I opened up the trim pots all the way, but was still only getting 5.6 v on the test pads.

Regardless, pedal sounds pretty great, even if it’s pretty subtle! Definitely a great “always on” tone sweetener as is.

Sag is the bottom/center pot now. The A100k is the drive (top right).

Edit: Also, the drive and sag knobs are very interactive. You need to play around with all 3 knobs simultaneously to get an "overdrive" type of sound.

Hhhmmm…then I’ve got some troubleshooting to do. The drive (top right) isn’t increasing the gain regardless of where the sag is, but the sag (bottom) cuts the volume completely when it’s turned all the way down, regardless of where drive is.

Back
Top Bottom