Obsidius tone pot mod?

wote

Hey everyone, I'm going to start working on my Obsidius pcb and I wanted to know if anyone has attempted to port over the Tone control pot from the B3K V2. I was trying to find a V2 schematic online, but I could only find the V1 or VMT. If anything, I just might add the Era control(like the one found of the AionFx's Maelstrom pcb) because that seemed easy enough with a perf board. The inspiration to do the mod comes fro the fact that I mis-drilled the Obsidius enclosure with an extra hole and I don't want to waste a perfectly good enclosure; that's what you get when you prep 10 pedals at once! Anyway, I have done the Maelstrom pcb with the VMT mod and I really liked it. I think it would be fun to compare the two side by side. Regardless, I will post my findings here. Thanks!

Last edited:
How's this coming along?

I've made a few drilling mistakes here and there... (and there, and back over there to the left on that one, and...)
Sometimes I change a resistor to a pot, or add a boost, or an extra clipping LED — whatever the circuit can accommodate.

So I'm curious as to how you've resolved this extra hole, and if the mod/solution is worth drilling an extra hole on purpose for you the next build of the circuit.

Sorry for the late reply! I haven't had time to implement it due to having a busy work and school schedule. I hope to put it together during Thanksgiving weekend. Considering that the Aionfx and the PedalPCB boards are 1 to 1 in terms of components, disregarding that the PPCB one uses 1/8 watt resistors, I'm pretty sure this will work exactly as the Aionfx Era mod. Now, is it worth doing? That's a whole different beast all together, probably not. But it seems like a fun experiment, I may go all out to see if the vintage microtubes subs work as well.

Back