Pauper Mode Toggle Question: Omit for Permanent Clean Boost?

jiverson

As the title says, I only use the clean boost (center position) of this pedal. If I leave out the toggle, will it just stay in that center mode? Do I need to jumper anything?

I’m sure this will eliminate some other components as well, but let’s start there.

This is a great circuit, but I think most folks prefer one setting on the toggle and leave it there, mostly because the volume differences make it inconvenient to change on the fly.

May be useful to know what to do if others prefer only the boost, or only the distortion mode to eliminate the switch. Or if there’s a lower profile switch option to fit that footprint that can make it internal like the dips.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Or just in case, on those rare occasions you need some clipping diodes, install them and the switch with...

a95c7f7e86bab746e645958cc7d56015.jpg

Confirmed omitting the toggle altogether with no other changes keeps the Pauper in clean boost mode. Obviously as jesuscrisp mentioned, the diodes are no longer necessary.

Out of curiosity, still wondering if anyone makes a slide toggle that would fit that dpdt footprint to make it an internal switch. Feels like a better solution.

Thanks all.

If you can't source a slide-switch to fit the toggle footprint, then a small scrap of perf, some clipped capacitor leads and a compact slide-switch should get you there via DIY.

Measure the PCB then start hitting the datasheets...

DPDT SLIDE SWITCH ASSORTMENT.png

Back