Pedal model ID?

Dan0h

Not sure who else to ask but figure there has to be some history “Muffs” in here. I am trying to ID my big muff. After spending a ton of time on Kitrae’s site I think I might have a Civil War Circuit board but housed in a Tall font Green Russian body. Kitrae states there are some of those floating around. Anyone know about these things? I got this new back in the early nineties came in the cool wood box and I’ve loved it since. After getting into building PCBs I took a closer look at this muff and started wondering. the jacks are different the knobs are different the board is different than other tall font models.

Attachments

• 32A8DD7D-01F7-42F0-8C50-10E11198CDEA.jpeg
    32A8DD7D-01F7-42F0-8C50-10E11198CDEA.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • 2CA98D1B-7D27-4102-AFD3-A69595CC167B.jpeg
    2CA98D1B-7D27-4102-AFD3-A69595CC167B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
It is most likely an early version 1 tall font. The circuit between the civil war and the tall font didn't change and a lot of the early ones used the civil war pcb and had the gray arrow style jacks, which you have. Also the white TS jacks were used on the early version 1's. Also in both versions the feedback/filter caps used 2, 1nF caps in series to put the capacitance at 500pF. The bubble font changed these caps to 470pF I believe.

It is most likely an early version 1 tall font. The circuit between the civil war and the tall font didn't change and a lot of the early ones used the civil war pcb and had the gray arrow style jacks, which you have. Also the white TS jacks were used on the early version 1's. Also in both versions the feedback/filter caps used 2, 1nF caps in series to put the capacitance at 500pF. The bubble font changed these caps to 470pF I believe.
Thanks, Makes sense that they would use up all the parts they had laying around and that when models changed there would be mix matched parts. I'm just excited because for the last 30 years I didn't realize I had the Civil War board.

Back