125B PedalPCB 6-Band EQ (Slider Version)

Bricksnbeatles

Member known well
Last edited:
This looks awesome! There was an issue with slider pots being unavailable previously, are they available again?

This looks awesome! There was an issue with slider pots being unavailable previously, are they available again?
nooooope 🙃
forgot that was an issue, and it seems nearly all the sliders are "Qty Available: 0" at tayda now, so presumably they won't be restocking sliders at all there, of any value.

@Robert any chance we get a revision to the 6 band to allow for a different, more readily available slider type from mouser or digikey? preferably one that comes in either a metal-shaft form or led-lit form?

Metal Shaft- non-detent

Led Shaft- with detent

Do you know if the Tayda Drills for the 6-Band EQ (Slider ver) is verified yet?
Not yet. I’m 99% sure that I measured everything completely correctly (I referenced off both the drill template in illustrator, and the PCB of my existing 6-band that I drilled by hand to verify that the pdf was correct) but I haven’t had the money to do an enclosure order in the past few months lol

Planning on ordering a dozen enclosures after the holidays, and this will be one of them. Of course I also forgot to get another 6-band PCB in my last order too…

Not yet. I’m 99% sure that I measured everything completely correctly (I referenced off both the drill template in illustrator, and the PCB of my existing 6-band that I drilled by hand to verify that the pdf was correct) but I haven’t had the money to do an enclosure order in the past few months lol

Planning on ordering a dozen enclosures after the holidays, and this will be one of them. Of course I also forgot to get another 6-band PCB in my last order too…
I created a Tayda template for the 6-Band EQ (slider ver) before I saw yours. When I compared them, I only noted a slight difference in the slider slots. Minare 3mm wide and a tad longer than yours. Everything else is spot - on. Except the top-mount jacks - they a wee bit more spread out.

Thanks!

I created a Tayda template for the 6-Band EQ (slider ver) before I saw yours. When I compared them, I only noted a slight difference in the slider slots. Minare 3mm wide and a tad longer than yours. Everything else is spot - on. Except the top-mount jacks - they a wee bit more spread out.

Thanks!
Certainly wouldn’t hurt to have the slots a bit bigger— I went with 2.5mm because the slider shafts are 1.7mm wide and the faceplate available thru PPCB is 2.2mm wide slots. The thickness of the powder coat should make it a nice clean fit without a substantial gap. I think the vintage MXR EQs had 3mm wide slots tho

Just because I had not seen this marked officially as “verified” I’m chiming in to declare it verified. Thank you so much, Nick/ @Bricksnbeatles!

Mike

edit to note – I moved the LED down to the left of the foot switch – but everything else is exactly per Nick’s template. And frankly, it’s the slider holes and the screw holes that matter and they are dead on.

IMG_0843.jpeg

Just because I had not seen this marked officially as “verified” I’m chiming in to declare it verified. Thank you so much, Nick/ @Bricksnbeatles!

Mike

edit to note – I moved the LED down to the left of the foot switch – but everything else is exactly per Nick’s template. And frankly, it’s the slider holes and the screw holes that matter and they are dead on.

View attachment 69063
Awesome! Thanks for verifying it. just updated the text of the OP to 'Verified'
Forgot about this project for a while –– have the UV print graphics good to go except the name; I can't seem to come up with a clever pun I like enough to commit to print.

Awesome! Thanks for verifying it. just updated the text of the OP to 'Verified'
Forgot about this project for a while –– have the UV print graphics good to go except the name; I can't seem to come up with a clever pun I like enough to commit to print.
I won’t say it’s clever but it’s the best I could do. Six band = Six gun. Geddit? I’m here all week. Try the veal. 😆

Thank you again so much! I usually drill my own enclosures but I really wasn’t looking forward to attacking this one with hand files. You saved me a lot of heartache.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 8.47.22 AM.jpeg

Back