Setting up a dual pole version of a SP3T ON C ON (On/On/On)

tegendemuur

This is the switch inside Keeley's studio / double tracker pedals, for setting one of its three modes.

SP3T ON C ON.png

Funny business, as I expected to simply buy a two pole version of whatever was inside this thing and call it a day. But those don't exist. Because, of course!

I can buy two types On/On/On toggle switches, DP3T and 4P3T, like below (the 4P is just two of these next to each other, so just this one works as an example). The DP isn't going to able to do the selection of both circuits at the same time, I'm suspect? Is it a simple as grabbing a 4P3T and putting a jumper between 2-5 and 8-11, to get two versions of the picture above in a single switch? Are there actually ways of using jumpers on an On/Off/On to create a similar routing?

I have to admit, the puzzle aspect of these switches is rather amusing! :D

DP.png

Last edited:
Not 100% clear on this.
You need a 2 pole on-on-on switch?
Indeed. On/On/On typically uses two poles to achieve it's action, so I was surprised to find a single pole version of it inside the pedal. It being a digital pedal (FV-1), I guess there's other rules one can play by compared to typical analog routing, what with 1-2-3 connected in the middle position? Circuit-wise, it doesn't make sense to me...

Got you. Kinda. I see you in the car but have no idea where you're driving.
Are you trying to combine 2 pedals into a stereo rig?
If so, you may able to just use the one switch and run jumpers to lugs 1 and 3.
I'm guessing this is just a mode selector for fv-1 and it's just going straight to the fv-1 and pulling programs 3, 6, 7(0-7--or 4, 7, 8 if going 1-8). If that's the case(will have to follow traces, just jumper wires should work(pin 2 is staying high, I suspect, so no need to jumper)

What you're looking for is a on-on-on Type 1 I believe
1000004659.jpg
Edit, that's not right. Type 1 is just inverted type 2. Idk where this graphic originated but unless 4pdt are named differently than other switches...

Last edited:
Back