Tayda UV question

Daveyajd

Hello all,
I have recently had my first pedal printed using Tayda's service. It was pretty simple because it was just text. Turned out great! I use Inkscape for all my art work and then open and finalize it in Affinity Design. I have a new pedal designed but this one uses text as well as some color/textured boxes.

Plexi.png
My question is this: I know how to use Object to Path to make sure the text will be vectorized. How do I, or do I need to vectorize the gold and black boxes? The top portion was created in Inkscape just using a color and some effect (can't remember which). The bottom was an import of a tolex sample image. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give.

Aaron

I would in inkscape highlight everything on artboard and press ungroup several times to make sure everything is ungrouped, in bottom line of screen it will confirm when there's nothing to ungroup left. Same then with object to path and stroke to path, highlight everything and hit those several times to make extra sure, you can't overdo this.
Tayda can't print gold or silver, so it will be somewhat close type of thing, I'm interested in how this comes out with the texture and colour.
Keep us updated with result.

Thank you for your reply cooder! Another question that came up after reading through Tayda printing guide. Because I am printing black font over the gold part and gold font over the tolex part do I need to use white under each so the color isn’t lost? In other words, will the gold “Plexi” font get come across on the black?

Aaron

I would definitely do a white layer under the "Plexi" and it is also important to consider what colour enclosure you're printing on. If you want to print on a black or darker colour enclosure I would do a complete white layer underneath it all on front face. Basically a rectegular slightly rounded corners complete white layer to give it a base to print on and show the shades, also the tolex shades.

I was never able to get the tolex or the “graining” pattern on the gold to make it through the “object/stroke to path” vectorizing process. I decided instead on a black box with goldish color to get that amp vibe. I think it turned out fine for my personal collection.

I used one of those LED foot switches on this build. Not sure I will again but it works well enough.

Attachments

• 359D5F36-4636-42FA-A0D3-D129487C6AC7.jpeg
    359D5F36-4636-42FA-A0D3-D129487C6AC7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 43
  • 9BC17007-923E-434D-A7A3-B7F136B77072.jpeg
    9BC17007-923E-434D-A7A3-B7F136B77072.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
Back