Tearjerker - post your settings

mkstewartesq

The Tearjerker was the second or third pedal I ever built about a year ago, and I built it mainly because I had never owned or played a wah before. Given that the Tearjerker is uber-customizable and contains four trim pots in addition to a set of DIP switches, and given my complete lack of experience with a wah, I found it completely daunting to try to figure out exactly how to set this thing up. I just didn’t really understand how to make effective use of all of the options and combinations (and, full disclosure: still don’t, as I’ve never seen a real explanation of what the DIP switches do).

At the time, I found a post by @Robert that gave the settings to approximate a standard Crybaby. Those settings are as follows, and they are basically how I have left my Tearjerker for the past year since I’ve not seen anyone post other recommended settings:

VOL - 75%
LOW - 75%
MID - 25%
Q - 10%
DIPSWITCH 6 ON, all others off.

OK, so that’s one option down, but I have a feeling that barely scratches the surface of the options available on this pedal.

So if you own a Tearjerker, please chime in with any alternative “recipes“ you’ve discovered to get different sounds/voicings. Since the settings above are the only thing I found on this forum, it would be cool to have a thread for future reference to allow people to get the most out of this build.

Thanks,

Mike

Back