Using a 3pdt daughterboard with PPCB boards

garry

I'm putting together a Wonder Drive. I'm still new to this hobby. This is how I have it hooked up, with a Tayda 3PDT PCB. The LED powers on with the switch, and I get normal dry sound when the pedal is off. I get nothing when the pedal is on. I don't know if I need to use the V+ and ground at the top of the PPCB instead of going to the switch - using a multimeter I get a tone from the DC V+ on the jack to the "SW" on the PPCB board. I feel like that isn't where that can go... but I don't know anything.

1605857440853.png

I have been told that the South connections on the Pedal PCB board are not for power, they are for LED on/off, and that I should use the V+ and ground on the North end because my board isn't getting power. Hoping this is correct:

1605883767030.png

Just to clarify, I ended up putting the DC and in/out jacks on the sides instead of top mounted. Also, I am using a footswitch with the LED ring built in.

Your second picture looks correct. Make sure the TIPs of your jacks are wired to your IN and OUT pads. And you can connect your daughterboard ground to the south ground pad (green wire) if you wish to save wire length. It is connected to the ground pads on the north side.

Back