Want to add an expression pedal to control the oscillation pot on Demi Ever Hyperion 2 - how should I go about this?

mzy12

Hello!

Just wondering if It would be possible to add an expression pedal to control a 100k potentiometer to my build of the Hyperion 2, for the oscillation control, in a way that allows the full range of the pot to be smoothly expressed. I know how to wire a switching jack to a potentiometer, but the main concern I would have is that there is no 100k expression pedal readily available, so how should I go about wiring it so that a common 10k expression pedal would be able to sweep the whole range of the pot?

Thanks!

View attachment 56057
100k expression pedals are out there and I believe the Moog ep-3 has adjustable resistance
Thank you. It does look like that I will have to get a 100k expression pedal to get the controls to work properly. I was just curious if I could use some parallel trickery to get most of the way there with a, say, 10k pedal.

I don't see why parallel resistance wouldn't mostly work.
Use the highest value expression you can, so the parallel resistance is lowest.
🤔Or start playing with digital pots. 😄

You could easily simulate on a breadboard, or off, with an 1M pot and 100 ohm resistor.

Back