EHX Small Clone Volume Mod

untamedfrontier

While I know this isn't a mod on a PedalPCB build, I did use the Trimmit! as part of the mods I did.

So if you've ever owned a big box Small Clone, you may have dealt with a bit of a volume drop, which I have with this one. Through searching the world wide web, I found it recommended to change the R19 resistor from 10k to something smaller. Since I'd bought a few of the Trimmit's, I decided to slap a 50k in there and swap it into the R19 slot.

As it turned out in my case, about 6k gave me more of a Unity feel, but it's muuuuch improved. I also swapped out the 1/8" style ehx power for a normal boss style DC jack. I also had to bend the enclosure to get the PCB back in, but that's a whole different story.

Attachments

• SmallCloneVolMod6kR19-sm.jpg
    SmallCloneVolMod6kR19-sm.jpg
    957.5 KB · Views: 51
Hey there,

Edit: I found this link that I think is describing your mod. Did you replace the R19 and also add a trimpot? Or just replace R19 with the trimpot?

Any guidance is much appreciated

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me. Ill pop a 50k in there. I appreciate it man!
Sure thing! The 50k was more as an insurance policy against being dumb, if you have a 20k or 25k it would probably be better, as it looks like <10k increases volume.

You could also socket and choose what sounds right to you, but I liked the flexibility of having a pot

Reactions: fig
Sure thing! The 50k was more as an insurance policy against being dumb, if you have a 20k or 25k it would probably be better, as it looks like <10k increases volume.

You could also socket and choose what sounds right to you, but I liked the flexibility of having a pot

I installed the 50k and it does the trick, I have it at about 3/4 turn. I may just make it into an external pot, just spent a half an hour trying to dial in the perfect level lol

Back