isosceles

which on/on toggle (left side or right side ) when looking at the top of the pedal is which and in which direction does it go? I am taking a guess at the below which is likely very wrong.

•Boost/Preamp(Toggle Switch) - Toggles between Boost and Preamp modes
•Triangulate/Crush(Toggle Switch) - Toggles between Triangulate / Crush Boost

1631732104890.png

Attachments

• 1631730558349.png
    1631730558349.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Left toggle up is Preamp, left toggle down is Boost.
Preamp mode activates the bass and treble knobs.
Boost mode activates the right toggle and deactivates bass and treble knobs.
Right toggle up I BELIEVE is 33 mode.
Right toggle down I BELIEVE is Grind mode.
@PedalPCB can confirm.

Here's one I made for Will Putney with the END artwork. You'll see I just labeled the boost modes I and II because all that really matters is that they are two different modes.

1631733096295.png

Dude awesome, thank you. I was totally backwards in my guess so now I can fix my inksoft labeling.
PS that pedal artwork is sick! Ever since I saw the DIABEETUS pedal where the dude put LED's in Wilford's eyes I am liking any pedal that puts LED's in creative places.

Left toggle up is Preamp, left toggle down is Boost.
Preamp mode activates the bass and treble knobs.
Boost mode activates the right toggle and deactivates bass and treble knobs.
Right toggle up I BELIEVE is 33 mode.
Right toggle down I BELIEVE is Grind mode.
Can you check my labeling here? I think this should be good then?
1631734196148.png

I will go with how I have it and will use whatever I think sounds best even if 33 is grind and grind is 33 and finkel is einhorn. Thanks for telling me that the boost mode deactivates bass and treble - I was not aware of that and would have thought something was wrong with my build, ha.

I will go with how I have it and will use whatever I think sounds best even if 33 is grind and grind is 33 and finkel is einhorn. Thanks for telling me that the boost mode deactivates bass and treble - I was not aware of that and would have thought something was wrong with my build, ha.
Yeah, just a little background. The Preamp mode is the TC Integrated Preamp, which is what the Grind and 33 are based off of. From what I understand the Grind and 33 are basically the TC Integrated Pre with fixed values for Bass and Treble, which is why it deactivates the bass and treble knobs. Glad to help!

Yeah, just a little background. The Preamp mode is the TC Integrated Preamp, which is what the Grind and 33 are based off of. From what I understand the Grind and 33 are basically the TC Integrated Pre with fixed values for Bass and Treble, which is why it deactivates the bass and treble knobs. Glad to help!
Just finished my build. Pedal is working but the boost portion is... Not right, or maybe it is.... The preamp mode has WAY more output and balls than boost mode. And when in boost mode, not hearing much of a diff at all between the modes. I know all my stuff is right and I'm. Using bc549c for now. Is it normal for boost mode to have way less output???

Just finished my build. Pedal is working but the boost portion is... Not right, or maybe it is.... The preamp mode has WAY more output and balls than boost mode. And when in boost mode, not hearing much of a diff at all between the modes. I know all my stuff is right and I'm. Using bc549c for now. Is it normal for boost mode to have way less output???
No that isn’t normal. Take a listen to mine on my Instagram. www.Instagram.com/spookyvibesfx. You’ll hear it engage and disengage. If you have a 2N5089 try sticking that in backwards (literally flip it around the other way) instead of the 549c which I’m not sure is a drop in replacement for 550c.

No that isn’t normal. Take a listen to mine on my Instagram. www.Instagram.com/spookyvibesfx. You’ll hear it engage and disengage. If you have a 2N5089 try sticking that in backwards (literally flip it around the other way) instead of the 549c which I’m not sure is a drop in replacement for 550c.
I swapped to a 2N5089 and put in backwards, no diff. The TC mode has WAY MORE output than the Fortin modes. When in Fortin mode, switching between 33 and grind. Zero diff. The TC sounds great. The Fortin mode are fubar. There is another thread where another user had exact issue and changed R4 to a 19k

Odd I’ve never had that issue. Test it out and let us know how it goes. Otherwise try an audio probe and see where the volume drops off.

Depends how you’re running it, the grind/33 modes cut a ton of bass which will reduce overall output. They are also very similar, to my ears the 33 sounds slightly brighter, like the treble knob fixed at a slightly higher value.

try comparing them to the Tc preamp mode with bass at 0 and treble at noon, is the Tc preamp mode still higher output? If so then something wrong with it.

Depends how you’re running it, the grind/33 modes cut a ton of bass which will reduce overall output. They are also very similar, to my ears the 33 sounds slightly brighter, like the treble knob fixed at a slightly higher value.

try comparing them to the Tc preamp mode with bass at 0 and treble at noon, is the Tc preamp mode still higher output? If so then something wrong with it.
WIth the pedal LEVEL at Noon, BASS at 0 and TREBLE at Noon, there is a substantial drop in output when switching from TC mode to Fortin mode (either toggle of Fortin mode). I read comments from others on this pedal and even in the review about low output. I am positive and confident that all of my soldering is good and the pedal works great in TC mode. I will make a dedicated post in the troubleshooting section. =( BUMMER.

I made a tshooting post here and will start dmm and probing now.

OK. This pedal is BAD ASS. This is perfect for hitting my Mesa MARK 5 in iiC mode or Mark4 mode. THis thing is T I G H T and may replace my Plumes. REALLY diggin' this pedal!

Attachments

• IMG_20210916_093042.jpg
    IMG_20210916_093042.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 18
Back