Recent content by CheapSuitG

  1. CheapSuitG

    Racking channel strips

    I am being gifted 2 Ward Beck M480 channel strips from a side car mixer. They need to be racked, has anyone done that? Suggestions?
  2. CheapSuitG

    Amek Mozart MZ15-RN

    I have ZERO idea how I missed this thread, so cool! There are 2 consoles I have been obsessed with, the Neotek Elite and Ward Beck side cars. Speaking of automation, I learned on an Otari Series 54, then to a Euphonix CS2000. The Otari was moving fader with disk mix. The Euphonix was just a...
  3. CheapSuitG

    Tayda shipping times currently

    Tayda lead times and tariffs were why I put together a powder coat set up. LMS with $10 flat shipping ordered a couple dozen raw enclosures so I have some in stock. When I do a color I’ll add a couple extra just to have.
  4. CheapSuitG

    Discounts

    Told you!!
  5. CheapSuitG

    Discounts

    For example, my birthday is next week, an international holiday so there will probably be a sale.
  6. CheapSuitG

    Selling parts on eBay?

    Yeah, it should be a fun way to kill some time and make room in the office/studio/workshop. Shipping is the thing I’m most curious about with the smaller items. Most people seem to be charging around $5 for shipping but unless there’s some kind of special eBay rate, I’m seeing $8–10 on Pirate...
  7. CheapSuitG

    Selling parts on eBay?

    Anyone here sell on eBay? I’m curious if it’s worth the hassle. I bought a couple of large lots of random electronic stuff, some cool stuff but mostly ham radio stuff, logic chips, and other oddball components that aren't useful to me. I was going to just sell the excess locally as a big lot...
  8. CheapSuitG

    How is this board meant to be used?

    I think the Tube Reamer and Tube Schemer need to do a joint project !
  9. CheapSuitG

    Add Dark Riff shape knob to Magnetron

    True easy mod to my exisiting. But how much cooler would I be if I had 2....
  10. CheapSuitG

    Add Dark Riff shape knob to Magnetron

    Clever! The real question is do I mod mine or get a second.....
  11. CheapSuitG

    Capacitor sizing help, please?

    Make sure to check other sizes are well. When I started I got an electrolytic that was WAY too big despite being the 2.5mm spacing.
  12. CheapSuitG

    What to do now?

    Are you doing any breadboarding? That helped connect (some of) the dots for me.
  13. CheapSuitG

    Documenting Breadboaring and Mods

    I have been using printed copies of schematics, marking them up. I guess more so I am looking for ways to document the changes and the why. Still learning and while I understand the changing a value does, I have to hear it to fully get it. Also, learning what pairings I like and what I don't...
  14. CheapSuitG

    Documenting Breadboaring and Mods

    Hello there! I’m notoriously unorganized when left to my own devices, it gets bad fast. That said I actually do really well when there’s a structure in place. My parts inventory system is pretty dialed in with formulas tracking stock levels, auto generated shopping lists, backlog builds and...
Back
Top