2SK30A availability or equivalent?

rfdvrcasey

I'm having a hard time sourcing a 2SK30A for the Ocelot Octaver. Is there an equivalent that I can use or does anyone know of a good place to buy them? Thanks!

Damn it, of course I find out they're still available after I spent time twisting leads on a 2N5457 to fit! Still, this is good news. Definitely gonna add some to my next order!

Pay atention - Ocelot build doc does not specify exact model of the 2SK30A transistor. There are several models available - R, O, Y, GR. Each model has different range of Idss and Vgs(off).

If you think it's hard to find stuff at Tayda, try finding stuff at Mouser!

Lots of people complain about finding stuff at Mouser, but honestly I've never had much of an issue with them. Once you figure out how to use their filters it's fairly trivial to narrow it down to exactly the part you need (or at least a small selection of comparable parts to choose between), which I much prefer to scrolling through multiple pages looking for one item.

I am getting better with the filters at Mouser. But then my problem is the price. Some things at Mouser seem ridiculously expensive. I looked up machined 8-pin IC sockets at Mouser - they're 12cents each at Tayda. At Mouser they were about $8 each! How can that be right??

But I do get stuff from Mouser. In fact I just ordered some caps and some wirewound resistors I can't find elsewhere.

Back