Breadboarding the ROG Condor cabsim

mybud

ROG Condor.jpg

Breadboarding some ROG circuits, continued...

Here's the Condor.

Running it through this chain: MBP Kompromat, Fender Blackface preamp, and Barry's Sonic Tonic into Condor into studio monitors. I don't actually own a guitar amp (shock, horror o_O), 'cos I'm a bass-player (more of the same, plus mild consternation ;)).

Interesting, insofar as there's a subtle difference when it's on (to the point where one might consider leaving it on all the time)* and according to ROG, highly moddable. In fact, a tweaker's dream, if I'm not mistaken.

*Yes, I'm aware many pedals do this but out of circuit in this case, things sound mildly anaemic. Apologies for the over-explaining and thanks for looking as always.

I did a vero build on this a few years ago and liked it. I did not think the effect was subtle running it into a guitar amp. Not as versatile as some other cab sim projects, but it fits well with the other ROG projects. And I think ROG was a big resource for DIY pedal builders that gets overlooked given the attention that goes into cloning commercial pedals. Big props to this site for adding some ROG pedals to the inventory.

I did a vero build on this a few years ago and liked it. I did not think the effect was subtle running it into a guitar amp. Not as versatile as some other cab sim projects, but it fits well with the other ROG projects. And I think ROG was a big resource for DIY pedal builders that gets overlooked given the attention that goes into cloning commercial pedals. Big props to this site for adding some ROG pedals to the inventory.
Couldn't agree more...

So, thanks @zgrav for this observation regarding subtlety. I had the gain pot wired backwards so CW decreased the gain. Big difference.

Back