EffectsBakery Butter Roll Vibe whine (Solved)

pbrommer

So, I picked up a used Effects Bakery Butter Roll Vibe. Looking at the insides, I've discovered it's a ROG Tri-Vibe (LM13600, etc). In checking to make sure it worked and sounded great - which it did - I noticed it picks up lots of interference/whining from a power supply I use for a Flamma Reverb.

I check the power supply with different pedals - nope, no whine. So, it must be limited to the pedal. Not sure if it needs more filtering, etc. Ideas and/or thoughts?

ROG TriVibe

Last edited:
Sorry I can't help you, although having some sort of small extra-filtering board might be cool at least to slap into a very small enclosure and test if it helps noise with other pedals - so I might be interested in the principle of what might help.

Thanks a lot for checking what it's based on, because I was a little interested in it from an earlier thread. Now I might pick up a PCB for the Tri-Vibe! Looks like TH Custom and Fuzzdog both have one.

Sorry I can't help you, although having some sort of small extra-filtering board might be cool at least to slap into a very small enclosure and test if it helps noise with other pedals - so I might be interested in the principle of what might help.

Thanks a lot for checking what it's based on, because I was a little interested in it from an earlier thread. Now I might pick up a PCB for the Tri-Vibe! Looks like TH Custom and Fuzzdog both have one.
If the Vibe/Vibrato is your thing, then go for it -- the TriVibe pfb. I think it sounds nice for the price. Yeah, it's mainly SMT, but that doesn't matter. I'll figure out the noise issue. Probably a bad power cap or a noisy TL062.

Aion also makes a tri-vibe board.

P_brommer, that said, you might check out the build docs at Aion just to see how they handle power filtering etc. I don’t remember any whine with my build, but there can def be some lfo bleed through that I think I sort of solved by using a tl022.

I would try a different power supply to see if anything changes. Sometimes switching supplies don't agree with certain pedals. A cable like this is nice to rule out power supply issues.

battery.PNG

Look at these people with all their big brains. I'll look at different options and see what works. Hope I can find the solution.

Look at these people with all their big brains. I'll look at different options and see what works. Hope I can find the solution.
Self-reply: it was the Flamma power supply causing issues. I tried my OneSpot (that's only 2 spots) and it works fine without noise. Single coils pick up noise, but that's to be expected. Thanks for the suggestions to look at the power supply as a culprit. I still might sneak another power supply cap for filtering in therenjust in case.

Back