Blues powder DIP2 switch

Dirtymojo83

Could I use a 4 way selector or 2 on/on switched so I could have them in the outside of the encloser in place of the internal dip2 switches? 1000015349.jpg

Yes. The most intuitive would be to install 2 SPST switches to mimic the DIP switches.
These may work, or something of the like. Though, not sure there is lateral clearance to have them completely vertical. May have to bend the legs.
Will need to check the pin spacing vs the datasheets. Here the narrowed down search on dk @Dirtymojo83

The spst switches with 4 legs may work even better as you can clip the outer legs and be able to place them side by side. Just make sure you get threaded ones and again, datasheet.

Dirtymojo83, I like how you're thinking outside the box.

I can never seem to leave well-enough alone.

I'd install two SPDT switches, with the stock values in the bottom half of the switches (toggles up),
and then some sockets for the upper half of the switches (toggles down).
Toggle centred and the "dip-switch caps" are completely out of circuit.

That way I could experiment with other values. I'd have the 4 stock settings plus an 3 extra settings (more if I got really stupid with 2 on-on-on switches and then on/off SPST for the DPDT...

However, the stock configuration may already be sufficient and further meddling may yield either too subtle of a difference or worse, push the circuit to non-usable impractical settings that upset the entire circuit's balance. Which is why it's always good to breadboard a circuit before implementing mods in your final build.

One thing's for sure, I'd turn those internal dip-switches into external toggles of some type or another ... only extensive playing with the pedal and its settings over time would reveal whether that set of cap-controls was a set-and-forget for me.

This is how I did it.

img_3202-jpg.28632

Back