2 down only 2 more to go (SWAH and Karaoke)

Diynot

Welp as I have mentioned, trying to back off the building (and $$ expenditure) for awhile. Have had some long hard thoughts ab the time and money I have been dumping into all this that needs to be reallocated. Told my better half my decision and her reply was “guess you’ll need to find a new hobby.” Shit, I thought playing the guitar was my hobby (amongst a multitude of other come and go things). I have come to the point where I dial in my dirt and fuzz to match a singular sound and all my modulation and delay are set to pretty much the same rate/tempo/depth, so now it’s a matter of sorting through all these builds to figure out what truly inspires and what needs to get dumped. To that end, here is my beginning pffft into that good night.
First is a GuitarPCB “Barry’s best” SWAH. Purchased not as a “man I really need/want one of those” but as a “I need to justify this shipping”. As far as auto wah/envelope filters go, I rank it above the mutron v, but well below the MiniMu. It’s a fun little pedal that doesn’t get too spiky. Works well on guitar and bass although not the response I usually look for in a bass EF. The only change was using a BAT46 instead of the the suggested 1n34 Ge. Uninspiring pics:
DBE810AA-3EE4-47BC-AB9A-9C96F1E772E7.jpeg B66BD2F2-A258-48ED-9B54-DA7E2CD8DD33.jpeg
Next is the LectricFX Karaoke Chorus. There have been a few of these in the build reports as of late and I have little to add to what has been said. It’s a cool project with some really interesting sounds in it. LectricFX does good work. The calibration was a breeze since straight up noon on the bias was perfect. Did a little tweaking on the volume trimmer since noon was above unity. Biggest pain and $ was sourcing the mn3007. Thankfully Antique Electronics Supply came through with the real deal xvive chips. Looking forward to comparing this to my Caesar whenever I get it back, having lent it out to a friend in law. Pics:
DAEC994B-E01F-4CC0-9EB5-2E9F0F87192C.jpeg 3089E8FB-E464-4E6A-8239-EA352795CEA6.jpeg
Hope to have the last 2 done this week, but I have been pretty slow moving lately.

Welp as I have mentioned, trying to back off the building (and $$ expenditure) for awhile. Have had some long hard thoughts ab the time and money I have been dumping into all this that needs to be reallocated. Told my better half my decision and her reply was “guess you’ll need to find a new hobby.” Shit, I thought playing the guitar was my hobby (amongst a multitude of other come and go things). I have come to the point where I dial in my dirt and fuzz to match a singular sound and all my modulation and delay are set to pretty much the same rate/tempo/depth, so now it’s a matter of sorting through all these builds to figure out what truly inspires and what needs to get dumped. To that end, here is my beginning pffft into that good night.
First is a GuitarPCB “Barry’s best” SWAH. Purchased not as a “man I really need/want one of those” but as a “I need to justify this shipping”. As far as auto wah/envelope filters go, I rank it above the mutron v, but well below the MiniMu. It’s a fun little pedal that doesn’t get too spiky. Works well on guitar and bass although not the response I usually look for in a bass EF. The only change was using a BAT46 instead of the the suggested 1n34 Ge. Uninspiring pics:
View attachment 41936View attachment 41937
Next is the LectricFX Karaoke Chorus. There have been a few of these in the build reports as of late and I have little to add to what has been said. It’s a cool project with some really interesting sounds in it. LectricFX does good work. The calibration was a breeze since straight up noon on the bias was perfect. Did a little tweaking on the volume trimmer since noon was above unity. Biggest pain and $ was sourcing the mn3007. Thankfully Antique Electronics Supply came through with the real deal xvive chips. Looking forward to comparing this to my Caesar whenever I get it back, having lent it out to a friend in law. Pics:
View attachment 41938View attachment 41939
Hope to have the last 2 done this week, but I have been pretty slow moving lately.
Your karaoke chorus looks like a negative of mine almost lol. I also have the Swah. Fun little pedal that doesn’t really ever get used.

Your karaoke chorus looks like a negative of mine almost lol. I also have the Swah. Fun little pedal that doesn’t really ever get used.
Ha, you’re right! I second the idea of leaving off the rate LED. It really is only usable for the vibrato modes (on mine anyways). I used red waterclear and holy hell the rate LED is damn near blinding. The Swah would be great for reggae, but I don’t play reggae so meh.

Makes me feel better that mine only really does anything in vibrato mode. The Swah so far has been a fun little thing. I have a Morley wah and if I want actual wah I guess I’d use that though I never do.

I do think the karaoke chorus is really good though. I did some comparisons with my Caesar and the Caesar can really do so much more but the thing the karaoke does it does much better than the Caesar. Friend of mine got a Mxr micro chorus recently and it was kind of the same thing. It did one thing but it did it really really well.

Makes me feel better that mine only really does anything in vibrato mode. The Swah so far has been a fun little thing. I have a Morley wah and if I want actual wah I guess I’d use that though I never do.
Same for my Clyde deluxe. Never played much Cliff Burton or RATM.

Back