3-Channel Mixer

DeadAirMD

Anyone built one of these yet? If so, what are you using it for or plan on using it for?

Is it similar to the EHX Parallel Mixer or is it something entirely different?

Anyone built one of these yet? If so, what are you using it for or plan on using it for?

I JUST asked @Robert the same question. I'm planning to build it but I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to use it.
What are the use cases in a standard guitar signal chain?

I'd like to be able to blend/mix two effects but I'd have to split the signal first, then sum it back into mono?

A few things…

One example could be if you’re running any of the EHX 9 series pedals. You could have your guitar signal coming from the instrument output and going to your normal effects rig, while the effect output goes to perhaps just its own reverb and rotary pedals. You could then have those two signal paths sum together with the mixer and have another input open for something else.

Another example may be if you have three guitars in your live rig. Instead of unplugging each one when you switch guitars on stage, you could have each plugged into its own input on the mixer with the level set for each one to be the same. That way when you switch guitars, you just roll the volume on the guitar down and put it on its stand.

My interest in the mixer is for synths. I have an affinity for bleeps and bloops, and having a simple mini mixer to blend in and out different noisemakers in a tabletop setup is tons of fun

I originally was going to buy a Red Panda mixer, but I'm building this 3-channel mixer, now.

The plan is to take the separate main and sympathetic string outputs from a EHX Ravish Sitar and feed them through different modulation/reverb effects and then mix them back together.

I'm still not sure what this does lol. Probably nothing that would benefit me. I'm waiting for the parallel mixer ala EHX tri-parallel mixer.

Gonna feed 3 of these into a 4th and run all the the YATS at once. 5cd66005808462d9f9f70caeb58f3bdf.png

But seriously wish this had phase invert capabilities.
Anyone come up with a semi elegant solution to patch in a dpdt across the +- inputs?(I think that would work)
Or maybe I should be proactive and just build inverters into every pedal that inverts the phase.

• Haha
Reactions: fig
It is very different from the EHX Parallel Mixer, and much simpler.

I plan to use my PPCB 3-Ch Mixer with my Super Ego (an overglorified Freeze), which splits the signal of my bass so that I can sustain a note and run it through an octaver (up) and harmoniser to fake a guitar power chord that I can hold while playing bass underneath it; and...

Vice-versa ie play a sustaining bass fundamental via the Super Ego then play some guitar or synth lines via my bass through \ octaver with distortion etc.

That way I can fill out some sonic space in a trio of guitar/drums/bass, particularly when the guitarist solos.

That rhythm guitar fakery and bass pedal-tones mashup would still leave me an extra mix channel, which will be used for mixing in sound-fx from a sampler — NOT backing tracks, but effects such as goats, celebrity sound-bites, car-honks, toilet-flushing, or whatever other deviant sonic-spikes I can get away with...

Gonna feed 3 of these into a 4th and run all the the YATS at once. View attachment 55818

But seriously wish this had phase invert capabilities.
Anyone come up with a semi elegant solution to patch in a dpdt across the +- inputs?(I think that would work)
Or maybe I should be proactive and just build inverters into every pedal that inverts the phase.
You could just buy 20$ Mosky EP Booster clone off Amazon. It’ll reverse the phase and you’ll have an EP Booster.

Back
Top Bottom