6 Band EQ - The Equalizer

EGRENIER

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
I had that one almost completed for a while, but I was dreading the assembly. I was hoping to socket the 3-pins connections between the boards, but the pins didn’t fit in my sockets. So I went ahead and solder them. Big risk, as if it didn’t work, I would have been in trouble. How do you guys assemble those dual boards ? Solder and pray, like I did !

Anyway, I didn’t order the face plate, so I used a Dremel and a cutting wheel to do the slider slots. Not a perfect job but when you stand above it it’s good enough. The poly spray also weirdly reacted to the vinyl decalc. It seems to have blobbed instead of leveling. Not sure what happened there… but ya…

This is a heck of a tight fit. I hantons bring down the jacks for them to slide in place. The switch board also wouldn’t fit… anyway, here it is… and it works !

AF5C1B55-E9EF-4639-B804-CCEB7D7EC411.jpeg 0DF29AEA-E53C-4DF1-9236-BE25CBF5E54B.jpeg

Oh just discovered the build rating. I give it a 4, simply because fitting all this in is very difficult. I think for this one, there should be a few pointers in the build doc. The EQ itself is excellent, work really well.

Last edited:
Back