7 green topped builds

harmaes

I just finished these 7 green topped builds, mostly with copper knobs.

IMG_9241.jpeg

Top 4 from left to right (in the above picture):
IMG_9244.jpeg

- Exar OD build using a Musikding Screamer PCB. Designed for side jacks so I used normal pots with wires and some velcro to position the PCB. Overall a nice version of the TS.
- Older veroboard build of a Golden Pearl. Rehoused and not the cleanest build. Still a good boost pedal with a little more low end than a TS.
- Modified Complex overdrive with the Structure switch on a 3PDT. Same circuit as the others but has much more of that Plexi high end character. The structure pushes some gain and saturation which is a nice (light) lead boost.
- Dwaren Hammer which is a great TS with a quick dial to change the low end response. Great to go from vintage/traditional tones to modern metal.

IMG_9242.jpeg

- The 1590 pedal is a Distortion+/DOD 250 with clipping and input caps mod. Older veroboard build so no need to share the internals. ;)

IMG_9243.jpeg

Two pedals from 2 PCBs included in the The Thing That Should Not Be (Metallica) from CGI. Normally one large pedal build in 2x separate BB enclosures.

- I’ve been asking some questions about the TTTSNB EQs PCB from GCI here (https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/god-city-tttsnb-left-side-of-high-eq-pot-“shorts”-out.22880/#post-289030). I fixed the oscillation issue and it’s a nice pedal to have now, mainly bought it for the 5-band Mesa EQ which works well IMO. Not a real fan of the other Aphex EQ but it’s usable for a clean mid and highs pushed sound. I had to use some gaffa to prevent the input from touching one of the pico caps solder point.
- The other one is a “clone” of the Mark IIC which it does quite well. It can’t go fully clean but it goes from crunch/rhythm to lead sounds which does resemble some of the Mesa character. I used to play the Mark and Triaxis amps/preamp and I need to try this straight into the effects loop of my Bogner Ecstasy.

Last edited:
Back