Abacus 2N5088 substitute question

mybud

Dear collective wisdom: The Abacus calls for thirteen 5088s. I have exactly one left. Link here: https://lectric-fx.com/product/abacus-8-step-analog-sequencer/

I've done the usual web searches for substitutes and arrived at the 5089, of which I have an excess at the moment. I do note that there is a wider range of Hfe with the 5089 (400-1200) by comparison to the 5088 (300-900). I'd appreciate some guidance on whether this substitute will function without issues. Q10-17 seem to be used to fire the indicator LEDs while IDK exactly what Q1, Q8, and Q18 do.

Q1, I surmise, has to do with input gain since it's attached to the gain trimmer. Q7 and 8 look like some kind of current mirror arrangement (?), while Q18 has to do with the power supply somehow.

I'd prefer not to socket 13 transistors if possible. Any advice gladly received. Thanks in advance, folks.

I think you're best bet is getting em from Tayda. They're dirt cheap.
Yes of course @BuddytheReow, you’re quite right. A little bit of patience on my part won’t hurt at all and I’ll stop kicking myself in due course for not checking stock before placing my last Tayda order. Even when the magic smoke ensues, there’s always a lesson to be had from this wonderful electronics lark. Thanks for the response.

Yes of course @BuddytheReow, you’re quite right. A little bit of patience on my part won’t hurt at all and I’ll stop kicking myself in due course for not checking stock before placing my last Tayda order. Even when the magic smoke ensues, there’s always a lesson to be had from this wonderful electronics lark. Thanks for the response.
You will always forget exactly one thing for every order you place. 😁

Back