ADHD v2 (Fulltone OCD Ge)

Hmmm where was that order from? Bad pots do happen but it's pretty rare. Multiple bad pots in a single order sounds like a manufacturing batch problem. Any of the reputable sellers would replace them for you.
I replaced the pot and got the same result. Tested beforehand and after it was installed read the same. Now I've got to figure out why that would be. I've tested every component in the pedal and have come up with nothing. Don't get me wrong, it sounds pretty good, but it's just very clean compared to what it should be. I'm contemplating just kicking this one to the sidelines and ordering another board and starting fresh from scratch. Side note, the company I got the pots from reached out previously and refunded me for the pots... I suppose they saw me mention it here

Oh ya, there's something wrong with that pot the way you're describing the behavior. A bad gain pot would also explain why it sounds like mostly clean signal. If you checked the demo I did above you can hear that the OCD is a very compressed overdrive and far from "transparent". It's pretty "thick" from the git go.
I swapped the pot and it's hivi
In my experience, you have to push 1n34a diodes a little bit harder for volume. I’m not a fan, myself.
I've built a couple germanium pedals and I don't care for them personally... Every pedal I've built with 1N4148 diodes has sounded just fine to me...

Hmmm where was that order from? Bad pots do happen but it's pretty rare. Multiple bad pots in a single order sounds like a manufacturing batch problem. Any of the reputable sellers would replace them for you.
I've had a few stinkers from tayda but not enough to make a fuss about it.

I replaced the pot and got the same result. Tested beforehand and after it was installed read the same. Now I've got to figure out why that would be. I've tested every component in the pedal and have come up with nothing. Don't get me wrong, it sounds pretty good, but it's just very clean compared to what it should be. I'm contemplating just kicking this one to the sidelines and ordering another board and starting fresh from scratch. Side note, the company I got the pots from reached out previously and refunded me for the pots... I suppose they saw me mention it here
Well, this is a headscratcher. If it were "ME" since I suck at and hate troubleshooting, I'd just start over and chalk it up to experience:)
The ADHD is a great sounding pedal and the new version of the board allows you to build any of the previous versions of OCD including v1.7

Although my personal favorite has always been the v1.4. Well, until I started building pedals that is, I like my Germanium ADHD the best :)

Thats kinda what I'm thinking of doing... IDK what's going on. I've tested everything I possibly can and I'm at a loss. The Pedal doesn't sound "bad", but I can certainly tell something isn't correct... It's just entirely too clean unless the gain is cranked. Most pedals I build end up sounding better than their mass-produced counterparts, but this one definitely doesn't... just missing too much in the mids and low end content, as if a cap or resistor or something us incorrect

I've got two of the older revision boards (PCB019), is there a way to build it as the GE version using those pcbs? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the GE version had the GE diodes not even in a place that made that much of a difference? I've never owned one but have two V1.7 OCDs and looks to be the JFETS for clipping. Was the GE version just GE for the clipping section?

I've got two of the older revision boards (PCB019), is there a way to build it as the GE version using those pcbs? I seem to remember reading somewhere that the GE version had the GE diodes not even in a place that made that much of a difference? I've never owned one but have two V1.7 OCDs and looks to be the JFETS for clipping. Was the GE version just GE for the clipping section?
all but the 1.4 simply used the 2n7000 mosfet for clipping.

The 1.4 added a 1n34a and I believe this gave it assymetrical clipping (there’s not a huge difference but it’s there)

My understanding was the 2.0 ge kept the mosfets and added a 34a to ground for both maintaining the symmetrical clipping. I wouldn’t put my life in this being correct though lol

Totally fine!!! That makes a lot of sense and seems to be in line with a ton of reading I've been doing on clipping differences between pedal versioning.

@MichaelW Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but where did you get your values for the v2.0 GE. I've been scouring around and haven't found any that seem legit to me.

The values printed on the board are 1.1 from what I can tell. Other than R8 which I don't believe was there on 1.1. But I could be wrong...

@MichaelW Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but where did you get your values for the v2.0 GE. I've been scouring around and haven't found any that seem legit to me.

The values printed on the board are 1.1 from what I can tell. Other than R8 which I don't believe was there on 1.1. But I could be wrong...
I think @Robert told me that the printed PCB values are v2.0 by default. I swapped the clippers with Ge's thus v2.0 Ge.

I have no clue how close it is to the actual Ge version of the retail pedal. Sorry:)

Back