ADHD v2 (Fulltone OCD Ge)

MattG

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here's my ADHD Overdrive, this is the "new version" aka "v2". I built this as a gift for my friend/other guitarist in my band. He has a commercial OCD that he loves, I thought he might like to have a handmade spare.

I actually started this months ago... I can't even remember now why I originally stopped working on it; but I actually went to try and finish it several weeks ago and couldn't find it. I had quite literally given up on it, thinking I must have accidentally threw it away. But last night, I was collecting a bunch of stuff to finish some other pedals, and I came across it!

I used this "Neutron Star" B-Stock enclosure from StompBoxParts. (I've used it for at least one other build.) It looks, or at least it looked really awesome when I first got it. Even though it was "B stock", the blemishes were super minor, the kind of thing that's not even noticeable unless you know to look for it. Anyway, I say looked great, because I had it face-down in a tupperware full of my to-be-finished projects, and it took on some scratches to the surface. Now I kinda feel like I should build another, if indeed I'm going to present this as a gift.

Anyway, the build itself was unremarkable (at least I think it was - I stuffed the PCB so long ago I don't remember if anything interesting happened during that process!). I followed the BOM exactly as prescribed, except for using germanium (Ge) clipping diodes - I instead used Silicon BAT41 diodes. The other place where I deviated from the stock instructions was not using the Improved Bypass Module. Instead, I wired this up for true bypass, using my own CMOS inverter-based relay bypass.

Everything worked perfectly on first power-up. This thing sounds great! That's another motivation for building a second in a not-blemished enclosure for the gift (i.e., so I can keep this one for myself). I had a cheap OCD knockoff (Joyo Ultimate Drive) many years ago that I remember liking a lot, but sold it when I started getting into DIY pedals.

Attachments

• IMG_9111.jpg
    IMG_9111.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9103.jpg
    IMG_9103.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9104.jpg
    IMG_9104.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9109.jpg
    IMG_9109.jpg