Aion Beta lead

DailyDovetails

Here is my Aion beta built with lead values. This is the first pedal I’m using my new shielded cable on and it’s proving to be very quiet. My plan is to use it for any long internal runs on all my future pedals.

I knew this thing was going to have a ton of gain on tap and get heavy but what I was surprised by was its ability to also get decent cleans. It’s hard to describe but it’s very flexible while still having its own unique voicing. It has tons of head room and the EQ works well. I will probably run it in place of where I typically run a fender twin style preamp for a while.

I like the Aion builds and I think they all sound very good when they are done but I seem to run into issues with their layouts. I suppose if I followed their build docs that probably wouldn’t happen but I like prefer to do the drill layout myself. This one was tight so I trimmed the breakout board and missed the fact that there was a trace running on the loops that are by the ins and outs on these boards. That’s why I have the red wire running to the resistor.
1717347485466.jpeg
1717347504332.jpeg
1717347521549.jpeg

Back