Aion isotope fizzing out

Devolution

Hi brains trust,
After a few weeks of this pedal working perfectly it is suddenly producing a dying battery kind of fuzz. Before I start reflowing every joint, I wondered if someone here might be able to point me towards the probable section in the circuit. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: fig
Thanks fig. I did as you suggested and the culprit ended up being a dodgey LED. I didn’t have a replacement so I just put a piece of wire in its place and voilà, like new again (but with no LED indication). Thanks again for responding, that’s twice now that this forum has saved my ass. What a great resource!

Ok, I thought this was solved but the problem has returned. I put a new led in and everything still seemed fine. I went to use it today and the fuzz had returned so I reflowed all the solder and it sounded ok again for a few minutes but the sound slowly started degrading. I’ve also found that by slamming the transformer with everything dialled to 12 o’clock you can force it to fuzz out. After that it sounds like crap no matter the setting. Any ideas?

Ok, I thought this was solved but the problem has returned. I put a new led in and everything still seemed fine. I went to use it today and the fuzz had returned so I reflowed all the solder and it sounded ok again for a few minutes but the sound slowly started degrading. I’ve also found that by slamming the transformer with everything dialled to 12 o’clock you can force it to fuzz out. After that it sounds like crap no matter the setting. Any ideas?
Why are you slamming the transformer? What did it do to you?

Back