Aion Lumin

mybud

My third Aion build. Took my time in between an unexpected but very welcome spate of gigs.

lumin_innards.jpg
It's a BBE sonic stomp, essentially a textbook three-band state variable filter if I understand things rightly. Acid test is my Tele with very old strings, which now sound a whole lot brighter. I'll use it to fine tune the Equilux, kind of EQ overkill perhaps but good (I anticipate) for tweaking the upright's response in different acoustic settings.

lumin_boxed.jpg
Boxed, using Tayda's dark grey sand finish enclosure and some clear knobs I had lying about.

clear_light.jpg
Finally, punning on the knobs, I called it 'Clear Light' in homage to the late sixties psychedelic band (and their comestibles of choice) and because it actually does seem to clean up the signal in very effective and pleasing fashion. I've used 3PDT toggles for all these Aion builds, which is a mild quibble because they operate contrariwise to my normal toggle setup (Up is on, down off normally) but the pink LED should remind me of its status should all else fail.

Pink and black might symbolise rock 'n' roll to some, but grey and pink harks back to Caravan's Land of Grey and Pink (late 60s Canterbury psychedelia), with a tip of the hat to @Bricksnbeatles and his taste in music.

Back