Aion Redshift

Phil hodson

I have to admit I do love a Phaser! So jumped at the chance to build this Aion board.

Although it’s a big PCB the build it pretty straightforward especially considering some of the large Aion builds! You just have to be careful with the drilling. Their drill guide works perfectly and mine lined up with no issues at all. I will say mount the foot switches and then solder the foot switch PCB in place or at least one or two lugs to make sure its lines up.

5 pots and 7 switches and two foot switches make precise drilling imperative. It also makes the pedal have an almost unlimited range of tones!

Based on the Electro-Harmonix Small Stone it gives way more than the original pedal.

It adds more control of the sounds by taking away the rotary switch and giving it toggle twitches instead. It also adds another rate/range switch for another LFO speed. This gives you access to two different phases. This would be great on a relay and a momentary push switch to flip between the two.

Sound wise it’s superb. So many choices and sounds that I haven’t stopped playing with it yet. And still haven’t found all the tones it’s capable of. I think this might just replace a few things on my pedal board.

As for the art, it’s from a local beer which I love. I asked them if they could send me a copy of the art work and they obliged! I then attacked it in illustrator and with the help of @jessenator (whos patience is truly amazing with illustrator idiots like myself!) managed to knock this up with our getting shouted at by Hugo at Tayda. Phew.

So all in all I’m very happy with how this turned out.

IMG_6543.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6542.jpeg
    IMG_6542.jpeg
    593.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6541.jpeg
    IMG_6541.jpeg
    764.4 KB · Views: 27
Back