Alternative bypass methods...

KevTom23

Hi all.
Do any of you use alternative bypass methods to the ones recommended in build docs?
i’ve been strugling with a popping Paragon build for the past couple of weeks. I’ve looked at all the suspects mentioned on this forum, trawled the web and changed the electro input and output caps for box films (tantalums on the way), tried different pull-down resistor values, checked the LED’s, changed the black Alpha 3pdts for supposedly quieter Taiwan blues, but the popping persists. I’ve even ditched the daughterboard and handwired the 3pdt’s. The pedal sounds great but that pop is hugely annoying. So...
Next step is to try an alternative bypass method, and I’ve been looking at optical bypass using DPDT switches and TLP222G photocouplers that claim to eliminate popping altogether.
has anyone used this method in their builds?

Take everything else out of your chain and see if it still pops. Could be another pedal leaking DC.
Also, overheating a footswitch when soldering can give it the pops. I'm VERY careful when soldering footswitches these days. If the epoxy inside gets soft, the poles can shift.

Back