Alternatives for Lounsberry Pedals OGO-1 Organ Grinder?

Fama

Anyone familiar with this pedal? A friend is interested in one, but doesn't seem like there are any schematics or layouts or similar around. The webpage has a block diagram (https://www.lounsberrypedals.com/product/organ-grinder/, scroll right in the images) and it seems simple enough.

Similar options for an overdrive for keyboards are welcome too - I guess something lower gain with a powerful high end control and good bass preservation might work, since most distortion sounds way too icepicky without a guitar cab or similar to filter it out, in my experience. The keyboards would probably go to the FOH or a monitor, so they won't get filtered too much.

Last edited:
Nobody has apparently heard about it, so let's widen the net, what would you suggest for an overdrive pedal for keyboards? My thinking is that most guitar pedals won't work that well since they produce very high, piercing frequencies, which then get filtered out by the guitar cabinet. But if you do keyboards -> pedal -> FOH, that is not such a great option. So probably something which has built in filtering or at least a low pass filter control?

I know guitar pedals are used with synths, but then you can probably dial in a low pass filter more easily yourself compared to using keyboards live.

Bass pedals tend to work well with keyboards, from what I've read albeit zero personal experience.

Here's a thread on TalkBass about multiband OD's, and another one.

For the DIY world, there's less choices for circuits that allow you to select which frequencies are getting distorted and by how much, but there are a few such as:

Zorg's Glorious Basstar 3-band
Madbean/VFE Triumvirate 3-band
Vallhagen's Blüe Mønster 2-band (link is to Moody Sounds, also available at MusikDing)
PPCB 🧐 — Not sure that anything is available, but IIRC Robert has traced the DOD Boneshaker — alas it's not available yet, upvote now!

You could also roll your own multi-band.

An echo of multi-band here on the forum.

Back