Always on boost/low drive pedal

Oh, BTW - here is a modified layout of the Majestic after talking with Chuck about some of the shortcomings. I haven't built it yet but will shortly.

View attachment 6657

(Built this and swapped B10K treble pot to C10K)
Hey I was browsing and this pedal or something like it looks awesome. As well as that G pedal. I haven't built a vero board, but i have a couple laying around. Few questions:

I know cuts and links, but what does the blue circle signify? Is that what a double link is?

I've only done Pedalpcb builds with the board mounted pots, so what's a good way to support this pcb in the enclosure?

Last edited:
Finished this today, nice tone, used the standard layout just added a 250k/gain.
to me it is close to my BB/POT derivative, the Maj/sounds a little more old Marshall (love that!), a little less lows and a little more raw and a "very little" less open sounding to the BB/POT.
Definitely a keeper! ~ currently deciding if it is going on the main and moving the BB/POT or to the 2nd board.

missing a knob, my last order was supposed to have (4) and only showed up with (3), is currently being fixed/shipped.

Attachments

• Majestic.jpg
    Majestic.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 15
Thanks,
I also used a 4558P, not the D, I will be out of town so when I return Thursday I will experiment/dig into the pedal a little more

This may not be the most exciting answer, but try the Joyo AC Tone pedal. You can get it used for less than $30. It's a sansamp clone of some sort (liverpool?) and it is designed to simulate an AC30. I don't know if it does that, but it does pretty much what you described. It's great for stacking into an amp, but you can also run it as a DI because it has a cab sim. Running my benson preamp clone (or any of my dirt pedals) into it sounds sweet, and it really drives my marshall clone into. wonderful place.

For lower gain and clean stuff, just on top of the clean tone as an ‘enhancement’, I really like the boss FA1, my very first pedal I made was a BYOC kit of the FA1.

pretty simple but the eq is very flexible, and as the volume goes up it also adds a bit of drive in a very pleasing way. Simple circuit you could do in an afternoon on veroboard, probably just using spare parts. The BYOC kit did come with the original op amps though, not sure how much of a difference (if any) you’d hear using modern replacements.

i think my tonal ballpark is likely a lot different from yours but it’s a thought at least.
FA1 is my must, really like this one too.

I have wanted to try that pedal.
I have a prince of tone/blues breaker derivative and very happy with that pedal, so I’ve not thought about adding any more as I currently have a boost, six drives and a fuzz pedal on my main board.
Thank you

Back