Anyone with experience with Meistersinger pedals? Looking to mod my chorus

beachbum

The meistersinger chorus is my go to analog chorus, but I'd like to be able to kill the dry signal for vibrato and when I'm running it through parallel chains. Anyone familiar with the circuit know how easy it would be to modify it? Either change the existing level pot to go 100% wet or to drill a kill switch.

Thanks

Have you found a schematic? In other chorus circuits, the signal splits with a dry path and a wet path that come back together at the last opamp stage.

CE-2 schematic below. In the CE-2 if you wanted to kill dry, insert a SPDT switch before R21. This will kill the dry signal.

boss-ce-2-schematic-parts.png

Small Clone schematic below. Same principal. I would insert the SPDT switch right at the A point before the 22k resistor.

Small-Clone.jpg

Take a look around the Meistersinger's E.Level pot connections and the input/output opamp stage. I'm *guessing* that E.Level Pot is in place of something like R22 with lug1 connected to ground so. Find the resistor connecting input opamp stage to the opamp output stage and you found where to kill dry. Since the Meistersinger is true-bypass, you don't need to worry about it killing your dry signal in bypass (which would be a problem with this mod if done on the buffered boss pedal).

Thanks, I'll have a look and report back. I need a crash course in reading schematics, I think I'd be able to make more informed questions...

Hi There
Take a look around the Meistersinger's E.Level pot connections and the input/output opamp stage. I'm *guessing* that E.Level Pot is in place of something like R22 with lug1 connected to ground so. Find the resistor connecting input opamp stage to the opamp output stage and you found where to kill dry. Since the Meistersinger is true-bypass, you don't need to worry about it killing your dry signal in bypass (which would be a problem with this mod if done on the buffered boss pedal).
Hi, Finally took apart the Meistersinger. Here is the link to the pictures. If you view the one names 'with comments' in google drive, most of the parts names and numbers should come up. Let me know if it works!

I think it looks like a direct copy of the ce2 for the part of the circuit I'm looking at.

So the 68n leg is connected to the 10k resistor which is connected to the 47k. So assuming the 47k I've labeled in ELevel trace is the correct part r22 from the schematic. Can I remove the leg from the 47k connected to the 100pf cap and attached a spdt switch with the other leg connected to ground and that could maybe do it?

Thanks

I'm having a tough time jumping back and forth between pics and schematics but I think I figured it out. I think the spot to look at is the 47k resistor between pins 1 and 6 of the 4558p. Before adding a switch, test and try lifting this leg, should kill the dry signal.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 10.20.25 PM.png

Back