Arachnid low fx issue

eonz

Hey all!

I just finished my second Arachnid v2 build and I'm having issues with the amount of effect coming through.

Using the stock effect program 2 on the FV-1 (Flanger) as example:
When i put both builds side by side with the same effect and same settings, my one build is clearly louder and much more present when on.
I also checked the other programs and even at all pots full, most effects are hardly present....maybe 50-60%

Anyone have an idea on where I should poke around?
Any help would be amazing...been banging my head all afternoon

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: fig
Does it seems like the volume of the wet side is just lower, which is why the effect sounds weaker (like it’s being washed out by the dry side)? To check is the mix knob is at max (all wet), is the volume less on the faulty build? If so, I’d look for wrong components between the fv-1 output and mix knob. Could also audio probe this area to try to pinpoint right where it’s losing signal.

Pictures are great. (y)

That said...double check your footswitch connections.
I checked the switch wiring and its fine. My phone camera is wonky but I'll see if I can use my friends.
Does it seems like the volume of the wet side is just lower, which is why the effect sounds weaker (like it’s being washed out by the dry side)? To check is the mix knob is at max (all wet), is the volume less on the faulty build? If so, I’d look for wrong components between the fv-1 output and mix knob. Could also audio probe this area to try to pinpoint right where it’s losing signal.
With all settings on both builds are the same (all pots), the faulty one's volume when on seems to be at about 80-85%lower than the other one and the effect seems to be about 50-60% of what the good one is. So I can still hear the effects on the faulty one, just really vaguely. All pots seems to work fine.

So using a audio prob, I managed to track down the volume / effect drop at R19 (15K).
On the left side of R19 the signal is fine but on the right side of R19 the signal drops.
I've checked R19 and it is a 15K. I've reflowed R19 and still nothing....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.32.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.32.31 PM.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Volume should drop a fair amount over that resistor, so that may be normal. Even at full wet mix, that R makes a voltage divider with the mix pot.

It would be good to compare both units at the different points to compare at what points they start to sound different.

Reactions: fig
Volume should drop a fair amount over that resistor, so that may be normal. Even at full wet mix, that R makes a voltage divider with the mix pot.

It would be good to compare both units at the different points to compare at what points they start to sound different.
I reflowed the whole mix and volume section and voila! I guess a cold joint.
Anyways, thanks for everyone's input! 🤟

Back