Arche boost

DailyDovetails

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here is an Arche boost I built. This is my 9th pedal. It went together easy and started up without issue. The artwork on this one is by my daughter and is based on Athena’s coin. She is doing the artwork on another pedal for me as well.

I like parts of the sound of this pedal. I think it sounds good into my SD-1 set low or a big muff. I was hoping to use it as a clean boost to bring my volume up closer to my dirt volume but it is too bright for me currently. The bass boost is pretty cool and I imagine will make it pretty flexible as a clean boost. I think I need to investigate the circuit a bit and see if I can make a cap value change or insert a low pass filter somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_5992.jpeg
    IMG_5992.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5993.jpeg
    IMG_5993.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5994.jpeg
    IMG_5994.jpeg
    517.9 KB · Views: 41
I found exactly the same thing - decent boost, nice and quiet but too bright. I ended up with a simple fix - a 12nF cap in parallel with R10. I tried a few different values but 12nF works for me. :)

I found exactly the same thing - decent boost, nice and quiet but too bright. I ended up with a simple fix - a 12nF cap in parallel with R10. I tried a few different values but 12nF works for me. :)
I’m going to give that a shot. It looks like it will be an easy mod as I can solder it across the 2 terminals of the output jack without having to pull the board out.

I ended up putting a 47nF cap across the output terminals and am much happier with it now. The clean sound is much closer to what I’m looking for and the sound into dirt hasn’t changed much.

Back