Are you ready for spaghetti kids! Dumbass combo build

Diynot

Welp, I have mentioned this abomination a couple of times around here, mostly to the tune of “why the hell did I agree to do this!?”, but the day has finally arrived to call it done. What it is, all the blues lawyer licks in a box. It’s a MBP Blue Steel (bd-2) into a PPCB Bastion (mojohand Rook) by way of a request of a friend-in-law to save some pedal board space and ditch his individual pedals. Build was ass, everything offboard, all 9mm pots, relay bypass. How does it sound? The sum total of its parts is pretty “meh”. I get why this guitar player likes the combo since he performs in a cover band playing mostly pop and classic rock tunes. I do have to say that the Blue Steel is a very versatile and good sounding pedal, the bastion (as @MichaelW and other noted in his bastion build doc) is…..pretty garbage. Whatever. Since this was a commission I actually dusted off the GIMP and threw some labels and “artwork” on there. Inkjet on waterslide. Too bad there isn’t more contrast on the Hollywood (placed there because the bands this individual plays in all have Hollywood in the name). Enough blab here’s the pics. BEHOLD my 10lbs of shit in a 5lb sack!
IMG_3926.jpeg IMG_3927.jpeg IMG_3932.jpeg
Ain’t gonna get paid or laid enough for this….

If I were you I would deny all knowledge of it if there is a problem down the line. I mean it's kind of wonderful but man would it suck to troubleshoot!

If I were you I would deny all knowledge of it if there is a problem down the line. I mean it's kind of wonderful but man would it suck to troubleshoot!
Ha. I fully expected to have to troubleshoot up front, but it actually fired up first go. This is a “for the cost of parts” build. No warranty, no whining. I plan on letting him play it first, giving him my cost, and if he doesn’t like it, I will just keep it and toss it on the pile. The type of player he his, he will be more likely to find minuscule “flaws” in the TOAN than the workmanship.

Back