Backfeeder bleed-through workaround

bean

Built this up and I had a lot of bleedthtrough like some others have mentioned. I poked around for solutions and this seems to work - move the SW1 mute from R51 to R9. This kills the signal into the PLL rather than out of it. It does seem to eliminate the problem but I'm still testing it out. Kinda hard to play and press that dang momentary switch at the same time. FWIW.

BF_Bleedthrough.gif

Yeah, nice idea. Shorting R9 to ground should definitely kill the PLL noise. The only question is if the PLL will still be able to generate tone in that case...

Yeah, nice idea. Shorting R9 to ground should definitely kill the PLL noise. The only question is if the PLL will still be able to generate tone in that case...

Yeah I tested this before posting the thread and it does seem to work okay since the grounding is lifted when the switch is depressed.

Also, to be clear: you need to re-route the encircled spot on the 3pdt to R9. That wire will no longer be connected to its previously designated spot on the PCB.

Last edited:
Had a chance to give it a try. Connected the wire from the encircled spot on the 3pdt to R9 as shown on the picture.
Well, sometimes it oscillates as it should but most of the time when I press the footswitch it just generates that PLL bleedthrough noise instead of the normal oscillation.
Did anyone else try that workaround?

Back