Barber Direct Drive clone

Mike McLane

I had an old Barber Direct Drive that I think PPCB should look at doing a version of. . . the original version, not the new one with all of the switch options. I've built a number of PPCB pedals with bunches of switches and knobs to dial in multitudes of parameters and there's just too much going on when a pedal's trying to do all things for all people. I always come back to a simple good sounding pedal. The original DD is a great sounding pedal with just Volume, Gain & Tone with a push/pull on the Tone to engage a mid-range push. There's also an internal trim pot to set the overall bass "fill" that once its set you rarely come back to.

Well, there ya go! Two orders in the hopper already. When do they go into production??

I've not messed around with one, but the OCD has a very similar vibe to the DD. The OCD v2 (PPCB's ADHD) has the HP & LP switch that seems to function similarly to the DD's push/pull switch on the Tone knob. HP is a higher gear (more gain) and provides a mid-boost. I'm wondering if Robert, Chuck Bones or one of the other smart guys on this forum could suggest mod(s) to the ADHD that might allow builders to tweek the gain and EQ characteristics of the HP setting to taste. Don't know about you, but that would get me where I wanted to go.

Back