BBE Sonic Maximizer vs 10 Band EQ?

Zylent

Hello i have my pedalboard complete, but still i wanna give the final touch of EQ, i was thinks in the end of the chain put an BBE Sonic Stomp, but i dont know what really does, i just hear like a enhacer type of pedal? i like what it does but, now i have the question.. a 10 band eq will be better? i was thinking the JOYO R 10 band maybe? What do you guys think?

Attachments

• descarga (1).jpeg
    descarga (1).jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 0
  • descarga.jpeg
    descarga.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
As someone who had a BBE sonic maximizer and I really wanted to like it but didn’t, you will get better results from any EQ. The BBE sonic stomp monger help a lack luster solid state amp but it did nothing for a decent tube amp in my experience...it was almost counterproductive but take my opinion with a grain of salt.

As someone who had a BBE sonic maximizer and I really wanted to like it but didn’t, you will get better results from any EQ. The BBE sonic stomp monger help a lack luster solid state amp but it did nothing for a decent tube amp in my experience...it was almost counterproductive but take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Actually i read a lot since i write this post... and you have right... Actually a lot of people complain about the process scoop the mids, so i gonna have to go with the 10 band EQ...

Ya the “maximizer” was basically scooped mids with a bass n treble boost for nu metal of the early 2000’s. Bit of snake oil if you ask me. However some people love them so to each his own.

Back