BBW, Crunch Captain, and Gravitation reverb : Very pleased and impressed.

eh là bas ma

Shipment delivered saturday at 10 am, I worked on them non-stop, everything ready sunday at 3 am. Painting and varnishing the enclosures took most of the time, as always.
All three worked the first time I tried them, and they will be put to good use.

There has been a mistake at musikding, they sent a Crunch Captain instead of the Deluxe version. Klaus told me to send him back the kit, but it was already built by the time I read his e-mail, at 1 pm... I guess I'll pay for this extra kit, and he'll send me the correct one soon.

For the BBW and the Gravitation, I was inspired by Foxgear reverb, never tried it but I always liked its simple artwork :
index.jpg
IMG_20230219_224517.jpg
IMG_20230219_224334.jpg
IMG_20230219_224427.jpg

The Gravitation is great, I really like how it sounds. Both the Spirit box and the Spatialist disappointed me, but this one is much better to my ears. The Atmosphere control is really good. It's my favorite PPCB reverb so far. I tried to use a bicolor led with a special switchboard, but no luck :
led-5mm-green-yellow.jpg ... and the GuitarPCB switchboard's led pads are the opposite : two ground legs and one positive pad...

I built the BBW out of curiosity, I am very impressed. I will try it with various instruments, but I can already say it's amazing with guitars.
Contour increases low frequencies in a pleasant and useful way. Process reminds me of the Exciter control on Aion's Meridian compressor. Not sure what it does exactly but it's giving more clarity and precision to the signal. I wonder if it is acting on the mid frequencies in a subtle way. There was an extra B100k pot in the kit, if someone can guess why, I'd be grateful.

Crunch Captain is very interesting too, a simple and effective low/medium gain circuit. I will be able to compare it with the Deluxe version soon. Musikding sent two ceramic 100p caps, and an extra yellow one, 100p too. I am not sure why ? I thought it might do a slight improvement to the sound, so I put it at C6...

All suggestions for mods are welcome.

Very pleased and impressed by these circuits, all my thanks to PedalPCB and musikding !

Last edited:
Wow. Missed these. Beautiful art. Are they hand painted?

Working on a Gravitation board as we speak!
Thanks !

Acrylic paint and lots of varnish to protect the paint.

I never see hand painted enclosures like my builds in the build report section. Lots of UV or laser printing, decals, industrial design style... I wonder why ?

Gravitation sounds very good, i'm sure you will use it a lot.

Have fun !

Thanks !

Acrylic paint and lots of varnish to protect the paint.

I never see hand painted enclosures like my builds in the build report section. Lots of UV or laser printing, decals, industrial design style... I wonder why ?

Gravitation sounds very good, i'm sure you will use it a lot.

Have fun !

Nice. I haven't used acrylic too much on mine, but do a lot of hand drawing with paint pens and have been experimenting with DIY stencils for spray painting.

Looking forward to trying the Gravitation.

Nice. I haven't used acrylic too much on mine, but do a lot of hand drawing with paint pens and have been experimenting with DIY stencils for spray painting.

Looking forward to trying the Gravitation.
Just checked your Pitch Witch, Mastotron and Roboto builds, they look amazing, very colorful.

I like your style !

Back