BdR Heavy Devi

Fuzzonaut

So, this is a circuit @BuddytheReow cooked up. I like to read about his breadboard adventures, it's always interesting to see what he's coming up with.

And although I really don't like to work with vero, I printed out his circuit layout and finally I got around to building it.

The build was ... well, ok, I guess? There are wires everywhere and the funny thing is, all the knobs are backwards. Now I'm pretty sure that's on me for not paying attention ... or maybe ... it's part of the hommage to Devi and has to be like this ??? :LOL: 😲
Anyway, I'm going to leave it as is, suits the thing, actually.

It's a nasty fuzz and I like it. Here's a snippet on bass.

heavydevi.jpeg

heavydevi-g.jpeg

Sweet looking enclosure you’ve got there. I like on mine when the fuzz control is maxed out with some harmonics thrown in there. Not super musical on that setting unless maybe some doom stuff, but still fun to play around with. I’ll have to revisit my layout to see if I’m wrong on the layout or the wiring in the case didn’t work. The breadboard is calling my name for the next adventure, but I’m having too much fun learning bass right now. Anyways, great job!

So, looking at my Vero layout, it looks like you've wired your pots backwards. The input signal should be going to pin3 of the FUZZ pot, but yours are going to pin1. My layout has the pot legs facing away and the shaft facing toward you. It's an easy fix with solder lug pots.

Tbh I'm kind of shocked somebody else made one of my builds. I hope you like it for what it is. Gnarly fuzz...

That sounds awesome. Nice and fuzzy without being blown out completely or on the other end of things too brassy.
Yeah, that was within the "sweet range" of the fuzz pot, from like one third to 2 thirds of the rotation. Lovely sustain too.
It can get into what you mentioned though, overloaded, broken sounds or clangy 'n' brassy.

So, looking at my Vero layout, it looks like you've wired your pots backwards. The input signal should be going to pin3 of the FUZZ pot, but yours are going to pin1. My layout has the pot legs facing away and the shaft facing toward you. It's an easy fix with solder lug pots.

Tbh I'm kind of shocked somebody else made one of my builds. I hope you like it for what it is. Gnarly fuzz...
Thanks for checking your layout and that's my fault right there. I mean, I could have checked with the schematic, but ...
My first reaction was to get in there and fix it, but instead I kept on noodling around with it as it sounds really great as is.
I'll just leave it.

And I might get to another one of yours, the NUT FUZZ.

Thanks for the layouts & enjoy the BASS!!!

Back