DEMO Byzantium Flanger (Boss BF-2 Flanger)

This post contains an audio or video demo

owlexifry

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
this is my first flanger 🤟🥳
huge anticipation for this build.
couldn’t wait to do this one.

IMG_2692.jpeg

IMG_2882.jpeg

this is actually a really easy build for a double/stacked pcb.
there’s lots of space, there’s really not that many components. and when it comes to wiring, having top and bottom boards covering opposite sides of the pedal actually made it quite convenient to finish up.

IMG_2682.jpeg

IMG_2691.jpeg

to dial in the trimpots, i just followed a guide on this page, there’s a nifty schematic too.

IMG_2686.jpeg
not the most exciting looking build, but at least it's almost the right colour, and there's a green LED and trash can knobs.

everyone that said a BF-2 does a sweet rotary impression - fuck yes. i agree. i love it.

Nice job! If you only ever have one flanger a BF-2 is definitely the one to build demo sounds great!
ayy cheers, that’s good to know 🤟🏻 pretty stoked so far with how this BF-2 works, feels like a huge range of control from just the 4 knobs.
next flanger will be an electric mistress (lectric fx old chap)

Very nice. I’m doing two BF-2s in my current batch for me and my buddy. I was a bit anxious about this one. But I agree, it actually doesn’t look so bad- not crowded.

Sounds awesome.

Very nice. I’m doing two BF-2s in my current batch for me and my buddy. I was a bit anxious about this one. But I agree, it actually doesn’t look so bad- not crowded.

Sounds awesome.
cheers \m/

nah it's easy peasy, you'll be fine.
although here's a crucial tip: mate the header pin pairs/sets together before you solder them in to the boards. this ensures they'll actually meet up.

also it just occurred to me, it appears the top and bottom boards both offer grounding points for the I/O jacks
..and without thinking, I've used both of them like a silly goose...
1712629756923.png

im trying to remember why i did this, pretty sure it isn't necessary to ground the jacks to both boards. whoops.
surprised it hasn't caused some sort of a ground loop.

Back