C2C Electronics Summer Break

vigilante398

Authorized Vendor
Quick heads-up for everyone that didn't hear the news already, C2C Electronics will be taking a break starting June 15. The break is mostly for me to focus on some changes to my production pedal lineup, but I also want to get some work done on the C2C end like build docs.

One big thing I'm going to be contemplating during this break is the enclosures I offer. I know a lot of people like having the option, and I've tried to offer them at a reasonable cost, but the amount of time and effort it's been taking is making me reconsider things. The options I'm tossing around (not leaning one way or the other yet) are either raising the price of the enclosures that I mill in-house or just not offering enclosures but providing instructions for using the Tayda Electronics enclosure service.

Could I be cheeky and suggest you try some 2M switches in your future revisions instead of 1M switches ?
The 1M switches are 0.41mm longer then the 9mm pots when mounted so you can get some tension on the PCB if not careful.
The 2M switches are 0.17mm shorter then a 9mm pot as long as you leave a nut on the switch, plenty of lug left to solder on.
You always mount the PCB in the box before soldering pots and switches in of course.
The 2M switches also have a smaller footprint which I always find useful in 1590 builds.
Cheers
Mick

Could I be cheeky and suggest you try some 2M switches in your future revisions instead of 1M switches ?
The 1M switches are 0.41mm longer then the 9mm pots when mounted so you can get some tension on the PCB if not careful.
The 2M switches are 0.17mm shorter then a 9mm pot as long as you leave a nut on the switch, plenty of lug left to solder on.
You always mount the PCB in the box before soldering pots and switches in of course.
The 2M switches also have a smaller footprint which I always find useful in 1590 builds.
Cheers
Mick
I assume the use of 1M switches with an epoxy seal, so the body of the switch doesn't sit directly flush on the PCB so there should not be a height difference between them and the 9mm pot body. Also I like to design for the most common parts possible, and 1M switches are significantly more common than 2M, so I'm not inclined to change.

Quick heads-up for everyone that didn't hear the news already, C2C Electronics will be taking a break starting June 15. The break is mostly for me to focus on some changes to my production pedal lineup, but I also want to get some work done on the C2C end like build docs.

One big thing I'm going to be contemplating during this break is the enclosures I offer. I know a lot of people like having the option, and I've tried to offer them at a reasonable cost, but the amount of time and effort it's been taking is making me reconsider things. The options I'm tossing around (not leaning one way or the other yet) are either raising the price of the enclosures that I mill in-house or just not offering enclosures but providing instructions for using the Tayda Electronics enclosure service.
My Nobelium enclosure was the first and only time I've used the tayda drilling service. It wasn't hard and I'm kind of a luddite. I'm always going to encourage people to have less bs on their plate so they can do more of the cool stuff. Just like when people hound Robert about build docs. My first thought is always "shut up and let the man trace."

I think the drill template option is great. Are you still shipping or do we need to order before tbe 15th

I think the drill template option is great. Are you still shipping or do we need to order before tbe 15th
I will be shutting everything down on the 15th for at least a couple weeks, but I just had to mark almost everything on the site as out of stock because I either misplaced some boards or I've run out of 12AX7 Left daughter boards. Hopefully I'll find them tomorrow and can reopen ordering until the 15th, but if not then I guess I'm already starting my break (though Diplomat uses an EF86 and does not require a 12AX7 daughter board so that one is still available to order for now).

Back