Cable for Guitar & Speaker Cabinets

I asked this question as I purchased a current $500.00 AU 1 x 12'' Speaker Cab with a Celestion V30 in it & the guy gave me the Speaker cable that came with it. I payed $200.00, the V30 sells for around $250.00 AU on its own!
I asked his reason for selling it & he told me that he had gone to a bluetooth Speaker configuration!????
I got it home & plugged my WANGS 5 watt Head into it with said cable & it was very thin & harsh sounding.
I went and got my spare Speaker Cab cable & replaced the one he gave me.
It was transformed into a completely different Sound, how a cab should Sound as my WANGS sounded in my other Cabinet with a vintage G12 - 50 Celestion Rola! but the Vintage 30 has those pronounced Mids!
I knew the cable was just a cheap Chinese throw away cable that you get with any cheap import guitar.
I believe he was not happy with the way the Cabinet sounded & off loaded it!
The Moral of this story is as Members above have stated, use proper Speaker Cables for your Amp & Speaker Cabinet!
Now that the Honeymoon is over, the Vintage 30 is not for me, it has a mid range honk that I dont like.
Lucky for me, a Chap in the next state had a Creamback 65 up for sale at a price I can sell my V30 for!
To be Continued!

Now that the Honeymoon is over, the Vintage 30 is not for me, it has a mid range honk that I dont like.
Lucky for me, a Chap in the next state had a Creamback 65 up for sale at a price I can sell my V30 for!
To be Continued!
I gave the V30 a run, too. Unpleasent harsh and middy. I happily live with a vintage G12-65 now.

I gave the V30 a run, too. Unpleasent harsh and middy. I happily live with a vintage G12-65 now.
I have both sitting here at the moment. Love the g12-65 for modern tones (jcm800 etc),
As for v30, not all are created equal. I personally LOVE the ones that are custom made for Mesa, as they tend to not have the shrill ice picky high end that some v30s have, but still retain the v30 “honk”.

I have both sitting here at the moment. Love the g12-65 for modern tones (jcm800 etc),
As for v30, not all are created equal. I personally LOVE the ones that are custom made for Mesa, as they tend to not have the shrill ice picky high end that some v30s have, but still retain the v30 “honk”.
A friend played a WGS Veteran with a WGS Retro in 2x12 cab. The Veteran is also a lot smoother, but with the same mid push.

A friend played a WGS Veteran with a WGS Retro in 2x12 cab. The Veteran is also a lot smoother, but with the same mid push.
Is Warehouse getting celestions private labeled (like Avatar does with their “HELLATONES”), or are they getting someone like Eminence or other offshore builder making speakers that are loose copies of Celestion etc?

Is Warehouse getting celestions private labeled (like Avatar does with their “HELLATONES”), or are they getting someone like Eminence or other offshore builder making speakers that are loose copies of Celestion etc?
They have their on facility in Paducah, KY. This was also the home of the CTS company and other manufacturers. Read here:

They have their on facility in Paducah, KY. This was also the home of the CTS company and other manufacturers. Read here:
Interesting! I believe Eminence is also in Kentucky Who wouldda thunk the heart of Appalachia would be the heart of all speaker manufacturing in the US!

My second question would be how good are they? Do they live up to all of the internet hype (I know most of the hype around some of the newer eminence offerings left a bit to be desired.

I had a one to one comparism of the ET65 and my vintage Celestion G12-65. They were incredible close or more: simply not distinguishable.

I had a one to one comparism of the ET65 and my vintage Celestion G12-65. They were incredible close or more: simply not distinguishable.
I’m definitely interested in the Veteran 30 and ET65 combo. I have both a vintage 30 and g12-65 here in 1x12 cabs I’m going to sell. Love them both equally for both plexi circuits as well as JCM800 and higher gain… just wish I could use them together (sensitivity too far off to match right), but the WGS equivalents look to pair off better. And since I’m no longer playing out, I’ll gladly get a bigger cab since it won’t be moved once in place, and WGS may be my go to speakers if they deliver what they promise. Price is nice as well!

I’m definitely interested in the Veteran 30 and ET65 combo. I have both a vintage 30 and g12-65 here in 1x12 cabs I’m going to sell. Love them both equally for both plexi circuits as well as JCM800 and higher gain… just wish I could use them together (sensitivity too far off to match right), but the WGS equivalents look to pair off better. And since I’m no longer playing out, I’ll gladly get a bigger cab since it won’t be moved once in place, and WGS may be my go to speakers if they deliver what they promise. Price is nice as well!
There is a stockist in Australia that have them but they end up being dearer than the Celestions that they are emulating.

To be Continued!
Well, I'm really enjoying the Creamback G12M 65 & it aint broken in yet & it's 15 ounces lighter than the 50 ounce Magnet in the Honky V30!

12'' Celestion CreambackM 65.jpg
12'' Celestion Vintage 30.jpg

Well, I'm really enjoying the Creamback G12M 65 & it aint broken in yet & it's 15 ounces lighter than the 50 ounce Magnet in the Honky V30!

View attachment 72663
View attachment 72664
If you were a few thousand miles closer, I’d let you try a Mesa version of the Celestion vintage 30 (apparently Mesa has them custom built, and they do tend to have all the things we like about V3, but without the harsh top), or a Celestion G12-65 - similar to the g12t75, but a touch more Celestion sounding. These were the speakers Marshall used during the JMP-JCM transition in the late 70s/very early 80s.

Back